Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Dream-Scripts

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, so I'll just share what I go through quite often: 
Sometimes when I fall asleep with my DVD player on, my subconscious mind goes rogue. It takes the sounds of the film and spins them into an entirely new story. The dialogue still fits, but the plot? It’s something completely unexpected. In my dream, the characters go on different journeys and encounter strange twists, and somehow it all makes perfect sense. I wake up thinking, Wow! That was brilliant. Too bad the details slip away. It’s a fleeting moment of genius, crafted in the haze of sleep. If only I could capture those dream-scripts and bring them to life. Instead, I’m left with the vague impression of a masterpiece that never quite made it to paper.