Saturday, September 28, 2024

Unplugging

a quiet exit from social media... it started subtly... no dramatic deactivations... just a gentle withdrawal... first from all notifications... then my Gratitude Girl blog... LinkedIn... fewer posts on Noosha's blog... Facebook... BlueSky... 

the pings and vibrations that once demanded my attention stopped and life got quieter... less demanding...

small pockets of time... for books... art... more writing... more time with my dogs... cooking... baking...

cutting back on checking in... leaving my phone off for an entire day... 

deactivation of some accounts... leaving some there...without checking in...

social media feels distant now... popping in occasionally... like visiting an old neighborhood... without lingering...

space... clarity... being present... nature... life... freedom...

a quiet return to myself.